The vision of the St. Marks Cathedral Senior Citizens and Home is to enhance the elderly care programs, launch initiatives, and manage its supporting systems.
The mission is to facilitate Christ-centric, caring and friendly environment for the senior citizens of St. Mark’s community.
The needs of the Senior Citizens are broadly classified into two categories, namely
• Care and Extended Support
• Establishing sophisticated homes for Senior Citizens
Their needs will be executed by segregating it further as short, midterm and long terms goals.
1) The Wisdom of Elders
• Create a platform and opportunities for those who seeks elder’s guidance and mentorship.
• They can share their experience and knowledge to the young generations of St. Marks community and bound in the areas of Education, Legal, Technology, Entrepreneurship, General Management, Music, Media, Art and Craft and so.
2) Engagement with Nightingale Medical Trust/Similar in Nature
• Partnership/collaborate with the Organizations which provides the extended services to the elderly people.
Short Term, Midterm and Long-Term Goals:
1) Care & Extended Support
We, as Christians have a responsibility to show kindness, respect and the welfare of elderly people. Some of the programs are mentioned as below:
• Home visits to be extended especially during Sick time, special occasions like Birthday’s and their Marriage Anniversaries and so
• Extended Support in times of bereavement, loss of dear and near ones, providing counselling, food, medicine, shelter, transport facilities to attend Church services
• Facilitate get together and retreats
• Conduct medical camps and regular checkup facilities
• Safety and security enablement through technology
• Financial support with limited scope
• Senior Citizens Lounge and Special Care during Church programs
• Wheel Chairs / Ramps
2) Establishing sophisticated homes for Senior Citizens
The objective is to provide peaceful, healthy living atmosphere for Senior Citizens with advanced facilities. The facilities shall include but not limited
• Recreation Center
• Medical / Hospital facilities
• Common Hall
• Digital Libraries